Portable Generators – CO poisoning dangers

Carbon Monoxide poisoning and deaths occurs due to portable generator exhaust gas emissions where:

  • Portable generators are used in or close to indoor occupied spaces
  • Portable generators have a design defect
  • Flawed instructions, compliance and training have been provided
  • A carbon monoxide interlock system is not present

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Technology advancements in carbon monoxide sensor technology could be used to totally prevent carbon mon

oxide poisoning by triggering interlock and shut-off circuitry in most situations. Most often than not, this could be achieved using economically and practically implemented solutions.

 A $29 Interlock System to prevent Carbon Monoxide Deaths